Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Apparently...

... today is I Am Under the Delusion That Gert is My Bitch Day

a.k.a. Gert is Still Grouchy and Trying Not to Take it Out on Others Even if They Totally Deserve it Day.


Conversation #1:

Man who normally works from home for the organization that I share office space with, but who happens to be in the office today, saunters directly into my office - without even pausing at the doorway to see if I am in the middle of something - and waves a piece of paper at me.

Man: "Hey - do you have a way to make a copy of this for me?"

Me: "Oh, is the copier not working?"

Man: "Oh. Uh. I don't know where it is."

Me: "Hmmm. The kitchen."

Me to myself : "You know, the room you just walked past with the giant copier in it to get to my office?"



Conversation #2:

Woman I work with. (Not FOR. WITH).: "Do you have a better version of this map that I can use in my presentation?"

Me: "No, I don't. I'm sorry."

Woman: "Is there any way you could you find one?"

Me: "I can maybe find one on the internet."

Me to myself: "With my Super Secret Interwebs Sleuthing Device called GOOGLE!"

Woman: "Oh, that would be great. Thaaaanks."

Me (30 seconds later): "Here you go. Would one of these work?"

Woman: "Yes. Can you make a replacement slide for me? Thaaaanks."

Me: "Uh. Huh."

Me to myself: "You mean, can I click 'copy' and then 'paste'? I don't know... hey lookiethere I totally can... Amazing. Good - I was hoping to add a new skill to my resume this week. Thaaaanks."


GAH! I'm going home to soak my head in a vat of vitamin C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've often thought it's the stupid people who make my days SO MUCH LONGER!