Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Let Me Just Tell You What You Can Do With Your Extra Hour of Daylight

I had planned to write something about my fabulous trip to the SEC Women's Basketball Tournament but this week it has been an all-out battle to keep my eyes open and form complete sentences.

Damn time change. Kicks. My. Ass. Every. Year.

And I do not understand it. It's not like I'm some delicate flower whose life falls apart at the slightest upset. Far from it. I'm like a Weeble. (Not just because I theoretically wobble without falling down. I am literally built like a Weeble. And sometimes it comes in handy. But I digress...)

Oh, I rant about all the world's injustices both small and large. And I have been known to suffer the occasional complete Scarlett O'Hara meltdown or gotten mad enough to hurl something at someone's head. But for the most part, life's daily drama leaves me fairly unflummoxed.

But screw with my clocks and I'd be better off in a medically-induced coma for three days.

Case in point: last night I watched, not a one, but a TWO hour season finale of "October Road." AND I enjoyed it. And not in the "Drink When You Hear Ridiculously Bad Dialogue" kind of way. No, I was just too tired to comprehend the subtle nuances of "New Adventures of Old Christine" and "Two and a Half Men."

Now I'm kind of hoping it doesn't get cancelled so I can see what happens next season.

Yeah, I know. A new personal low. Going. To. Take. Nap. Now...

No comments: