But I also can't think of anything to post.
So as I seem apt to do these days, I swiped this from Green Girl (see here and here). Of course, I swiped it and then proceeded to nitpick - "Why are there only 99?" "Bounced a check?!? That's sort of rude to ask, isn't it?!?" Because it's not like beggars should really be choosers, right? It's either this or maybe today I can wax nostalgic about Shaun Cassidy or Rick Springfield or something. No? OK then, let's give this a go....
Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to: leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band - or musical. - Musical. And if a Go-Go's lip-sync band in the 5th grade with this chick counts, then yes on the other as well.
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world - world.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. - Not well, but yes.
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning. - Who would italicize this!?
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. - I'd rather have food poisoning.
18. Grown your own vegetables. - But I plan to this summer.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. - Was in the Louvre just long enough to see it and the Venus Di Milo.
20. Slept on an overnight train. As a child between Nashville and Orlando. In my 20's from Milan to Paris. My cabin mate was a rude Japanese guy who SMOKED and talked on his cell phone the whole time. Somewhere in the Alps I considered smothering him and/or throwing him from the train car.
21. Had a pillow fight.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. - In my defense, ill-tempered is still ill.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping. - No one needs to see that.
27. Run a Marathon. - I've pretty much walked one though.
28. Ridden a Gondola in Venice. - The simple answer is no (it's really expensive!). I was, however, offered a "free" ride after hours by a particularly cheeky gondolier, but was wise enough to decline.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run. - But I can punt a mean football.
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language. - see #14.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. - Very briefly. And then I decided to buy a house...
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. - So. Not. Worth. It. But I did see a nun riding a bike while I was there, so I guess it was kind of worth it...
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David. - I cried.
41. Sung karaoke. - No one needs to hear that.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa. - Very high on the to-do list.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. - Again, who would italicize this?
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. - See #17.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. - Snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies. - Never made it out of Brownies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. - From someone I actually wanted to get flowers from? No.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. - Yes, but it was recently decapitated and gutted.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. - I think so. I was jet lagged. I'll have to check the scrapbook.
77. Broken a bone. - My toe and probably one in my foot the second week of my freshman year in college. Never go barefoot at a frat party.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. - A Harley. For my 30th birthday.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. - It's right up there on the list with Africa.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican. - And I bought this chick's husband a plastic ink pen with a clear end filled with water and a little Pope inside that bounced up and down. (They were engaged at the time and he was in the process of converting to Catholicism. It seemed only appropriate...)
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible. - I'm an Episcopalian. We don't do that. (kidding...)
86. Visited the White House. And now I actually want to. But I have spent some time next door in the old executive building. NOT stalking Al Gore... Really... I promise...
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. - No, but I came close with that Japanese guy on the train.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.- would looooove to do that.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club. - one real one and one where I've never actually read a book.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby. - I'd rather do #17 AND #50.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. - All good Tennesseans should pay their respects to the original Volunteers.
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee. - Do yellow jackets count?
Seriously? No #100? All of this and there's not one more question? How about.. "had plastic surgery"... "learned to meditate"... "ran with the bulls"... "tried moonshine"...
What would be your #100?