Sunday, December 21, 2008

Longest Night of the Year

I am physically and mentally exhausted and it is dog-ass cold out tonight. The plan had been to wrap presents, but in addition to being cold and tired, I'm also rather Grinchy at the moment. Unfortunately, vegging-out on the couch doesn't look like a viable option as even on Sunday of a non-holiday week, once you get past "The Simpsons," television is pretty bleak. But wait...


When, what do my wondering eyes should appear,

but Sense and Sensibility on Public Television...
(sorry, I don't have the will to rhyme either.)


I think my cold, Grinchy, dorky heart just grew three sizes... or at least warmed three degrees.

Hope your last Sunday of Advent, first night of Hanukkah, and Winter Solstice is happy and toasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a happy surprise! That was a darn long night with nothing on TV, wasn't it?