I've done these on email before, but not in a bloggy fashion... I don't think anyway...
Green Girl in Wisconsin had this one up earlier in the week and I thought it was cute.
1. What are your nicknames?
Most Obvious: Gert/Gertrude
Most Popular: K
From College: my last name or K-dog
From Waitressing: Quiet, Marcy
2. What game show and/or reality show would you like to be on?
I mentioned "Amazing Race" the other day, but let's get a grip people... I've joked about wanting to be on "What Not to Wear," but in reality I think I'd rather suffer the humiliation of "Amazing Race"... So... ummm... "Antiques Roadshow"? I don't know. I am kind of digging that show on PBS with Mario Batali and Gwyneth Paltrow where they eat their way through Spain and drive around in a swank convertible. I could get over how she kind of bugs me to be able to hang with Mario. We could wear our matching orange clogs.
3. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?
I think it was Top Gun (VHS) and When Harry Met Sally (DVD).
4. What is your favorite scent?
Something earthy - herbs or spices. I just bought a bottle of Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. It goes from light and citrus-y to a warm, spicy smell the longer you have it on. It is just as its name implies.
5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it?
Travel - Turkey, India, Antarctica, Tanzania and Italy. Real estate - an Adirondack-style camp in the mountains and a cedar-shingled cottage near a beach so none of my friends and family would ever have to pay to go on vacation. I'm not sure a million would cover all of this though.
6. What places have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?
Italy, Italy, Italy and Italy. Oh, and Maine.
7. Do you trust easily?
8. Do you think before you act, or act before you think?
I often over-think things to the point that I make as bad a decision as if I didn't think at all. Does that make any sense? No, no it does not.
9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
Have I mentioned that until yesterday I've been hiding in my basement?
10. Do you have a good body image?
11. What is your favorite fruit?
Berries. Any kind. Apples and pears are good too.
12. What websites do you visit daily?
All my favorite blogs plus mamapop.com, rockytoptalk.com, nytimes.com and ew.com.
13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?
Oh my secret shame... this summer I decided to pick a TV series on Netflix that I'd never seen. I picked "Felicity." Don't mock me. It's JJ Abrams - I had to see how the "Alias" and "Lost" guy could also make a show about college - and it was actually really well-written and acted and I was quickly hooked. I have to admit that it also morphed into a Scott Speedman addiction, but that's another subject. I just finished the whole series last week.
14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
Smart, funny, kicks ass and takes names (in a good way).
15. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
Cold Play, "Viva la Vida." Has been for like a month. Damn you, Chris Martin, you're starting to bug me as much as your wife does!
16. What's your favorite item of clothing?
See yesterday - black cashmere hoodie. God bless those magical little goats.
17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
Kinda. Rice Krispie Treats? Most definitely.
18. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?
Check to see if anyone lost it. I would first wish that no one did, but I would still check.
19. What items could you not go without during the day?
Caffiene, something that makes me laugh, and dog treats. Not for me, of course, but logistically speaking it's not a good idea in my house to go a day without dog treats.
20. What should you be doing right now?
Timesheets. The monthly bane of my existence.
I now tag Katie. She needs an easy post since she's been sick. And because I keep obsessively checking to see if she's posted anything new :) Gimme somethin to read, woman!