It didn't start an hour after Thanksgiving dinner or even the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It started today. And if you aren't churchy or you're the kind of churchy that doesn't do Advent candles, then there's still a way for you to know.
Monday A Charlie Brown Christmas is on.
It's the unofficial start of the holiday season. There's nothing not to like about it. Here's my top five list of reasons why:
1. It's genuinely funny and doesn't dumb things down. My favorite line is from Lucy. When asked what she really wants for Christmas, she matter-of-factly says "Real estate."
2. It's very melancholy - almost sad - in parts. And who wants an overly happy Christmas special? Not me.
3. Who hasn't imitated one of the characters dancing in the play rehearsal scene??
4. It's religious without being preachy and sweet without being cheesy.
5. It has the most kick-ass soundtrack of any Christmas special. Ever.
Happy first week of Advent!